Samyang has long had a reputation for producing sharp and highly affordable manual focus lenses, but in recent years, they have expanded into autofocus options while still keeping them at highly competitive prices. One of their most impressive lenses is the AF 135mm f/1.8 FE, which combines a useful portrait focal length with a very wide maximum aperture. This excellent video review takes a look at the lens and the sort of performance and image quality you can expect from it in practice.
Coming to you from Dustin Abbott, this great video review takes a look at the Samyang AF 135mm f/1.8 FE lens. At $855 currently, the 135mm f/1.8 is arguably one of the best deals on the market right now. Despite that low price, it comes with a variety of impressive features, including:
- Three extra-low dispersion elements for less chromatic aberrations and improved clarity
- Ultra-precision aspherical element for improved bokeh
- Ultra multicoating for less flares and ghosting and deeper contrast
- Linear STM autofocus for fast and quiet autofocus
- Customizable lens switch and focus hold button
- Focus limiter for quicker autofocus speeds
- Astro-focus mode for astrophotography
- 11-blade diaphragm for smoother bokeh
Altogether, the 135mm f/1.8 looks like quite an impressive lens. Check out the video above for Abbott’s full thoughts.